Last Updated: September 24, 2014
What Personal Information Does Been Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected include, for example, your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and/or Facebook usernames, location, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including Been or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email (and optionally a phone number) and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of one of our apps may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in another of our apps. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
How is My Information Shared?
- Friends: Your friends can see, for example, your location (as described in more detail below), name, email, phone number, profile photo, hometown, links to your Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Been account), a list of your friends, plans you write or comment on, photos you post, tips you write, and which Been Services you use.
- Individuals reading your Personal Information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips, or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users. When you visit a particular location and ‘check-in’ your visits are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, tips, recommendations, dislikes, saves, public photos, lists that you create and save, tastes, and lists of friends and/or followers (as applicable to a particular Service), and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow, for analytical or other purposes.
Determining and Sharing Location
Sharing Location with the Been app – Your real-time location is not shared on the Been app. Location sharing is one of the key functions of Been. Your location data is ONLY shared with others when you proactively decide to “check in” on the Been app to tell the Services you’re at a particular place. The location information shared with a “Check in” is the location information of that place. If you write a comment, recommend, dislike, or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location. Some content, like comments, are time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place even though tips can be posted when you aren’t at the place you are leaving a tip about.
Your Check-in History – Each of your check-ins using the Services is saved, allowing you and your friends to look back at all the locations you have checked in since you created your Services account. You can delete any or all of your check-ins from the check-in details page on our website and in the apps. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Services account, your entire check-in history will be removed from our database.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please review them carefully. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Been and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, Been provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Been or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Been goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Been and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Been, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
For your privacy and security, your Been account and Personal Information are protected by a password. In order to help prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information, you are responsible for selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off each time after you have finished accessing your account.
While Been endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, Been cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services, or your submission of any Personal Information to us, will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Been allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user settings or edit profile page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email .
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Been account, you may do so by emailing your request to .
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
If you terminate your account, your profile, including your check-in history, your User Submissions (as defined in Been’s Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Been’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Been, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, however, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: . We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Will she find the patience to help pay to do homework him keep trying.